Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 10 - Damn AutoBloggers

End Of The Day
Isk: 25,128,243
Sell Orders: 30,318,785 (11/53)
Buy Orders:  66,706,772 (16/53)
Total Isk: 122,153,800
Skills Queue: Retail 5 (5 days left)
Time Spent on Eve: 30 Minutes (3 separate logins)

This blog has been targeted by auto-blogging software.  Auto-bloggers target blogs and pull content from them to steal and claim as their own.  The site pulling information from this blog is a damn real money trading site.  It is sorta annoying seeing something you do twisted into content for a Russian RMT site, but back to trading.

A lot of my trades are now sorta unprofitable, mainly because the margins shrank into mere pennies on the dollar... err I guess technically, 100k is on the 1 million, but I can't figure out how to make that sound good.  One of my best trades was netting me over 700k-800k isk a trade, and today the buy order price rose to meet the sell order price.  Meaning, I managed to sell at a profit, but I cannot buy anymore to replace my inventory.

This is one of the nice things about being small.  New traders have the advantage of being small and nimble; they can jump on all the great opportunities.  They are able to get a higher percentage return on trading opportunities then the big players.  Established traders often have isk tided up in assets, and a short term opportunity in an item is not really that exciting or worth it. Established traders are often looking to make passive forms of income, and not jumping on Prototype Cloaking Devices because the profit margin expanded to 200k isk a trade.

I am off for the next three day, and I will finally have some time to trade, hopefully.  I have adjusted my strategy over the past week to target slow moving high volume items, since I would not have time to try and turn over something repeatedly.  It has been working out pretty well obviously, but we are only 1/10th of the way to a billion isk.  Stay tuned!


Day 11 - More Isk Making Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment